Welcome back to the blog – for both of us! It has been, as they say, A HOT MINUTE since I have been here…but that is all about to change my friends. I am here, I am typing and I am so excited to share.
For your viewing pleasure we have close up pictures, a supply list and a few videos to watch! I painted a galaxy! I have never done it before. I have watched about a thousand or so videos of many artists creating many different styles of these but I never really tried to create my own.
That all changed when my nephew came to visit the other day. He loves doing art when he comes to my place. It’s a given that when he comes to visit I am to get out the supplies he requests and watch him go. This time when I asked him what he was going to paint it actually inspired me to try something too.
He said, “I am going to paint the solar system/universe!”
Well, I just might try out one of those galaxy paintings today myself. And so we went to it. I had brand new supplies I was REALLY wanting to use but it wasn’t super successful…AT FIRST. You will have to watch the whole video to see what all took place specifically, I think you will enjoy it.
I posted a few pictures on my Instagram page, the Kraafters Kommunity 2.0 and then I posted a speed through video too. People seemed to enjoy it so I figured a full version was warranted.
- Strathmore 400 series watercolor 140 lb cold press paper
- Canson XL black drawing paper 92lb
- M. Graham Watercolors – cobalt teal, quinacridone rose, cobalt violet, permanent green pale, quinacridone violet, anthraquinone blue
- Mission Gold Series watercolors – ivory black, sepia, permanent yellow light, yellow green, bright opera
- Stabilo woody 3 in 1
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic – translucent white
- DaVinciPaint Gouache – white
- Simply Simmons round wash size 26 paint brush
- Rosemary & Co. Pointed Round SER 301 paint brush
- Stabilo round brush (came with the Woody set)
- Beste Round #12 Creative Mark paint brush
- Uniball Signo White gel pen
- Nuvo aqua shimmer pen – midas touch (gold)
View this post on Instagram
Here is a Super Speed version of one version of my recent Star Gazer video coming to YouTube soon. I have a surprise second version that I will share later. I can’t wait to explain what I discovered as I created this. So exciting to share soon… My first ever Galaxy Painting!!! Posted just for you @healthylifecenters 😉
Become a Hitchhiker or a Traveler
Experience the Art Adventure with the Kraaft Shaak
Do you have thoughts about this or any of our articles?
Be a part of the conversation