Mixed Media Canvas Art part 1 & part 2
Mixed Media Art has become my passion…almost my first love in the world of art. I enjoy all the layers and texture and most of all the LACK OF RULES! Because of this, I feel the need to bring you a piece I have floating in my head. A vision of what I want to put onto canvas and it takes so long to do I have to do it in parts. So join us on Kraaft It LIVE! Either LIVE or RECORDED to see each part and hopefully create your own piece.
Kraaft It LIVE! Is a live kraafting show where fun is to be had and mistakes are bound to happen. Join us LIVE! Each Tuesday at NOON MDT (11 am Pacific, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern)
You are welcome to Kraaft-A-Long with us and be sure to post pictures of your progress in the Kraafters Kommunity.
PART ONE – supply list:
- Stretched Canvas, gallery wrapped – 20” x 22”
- Hymnal pages (old book text)
- Small paper doilies
- Tissuestock 12×12 – French Script on Ivory
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology tissue
- Various stamps for texture and lettering (any will do)
- Ranger Archival Ink – jet black
- Finnabair art basics Modeling Paste by Prima
- Finnabair texture paste – white crackle by Prima
- Stencils, bubbles by Prima and Leaf by the crafters workshop (use what you have!)
- Various silk/fabric flowers, wooden beads
- Finnabair art basics soft matte gel & 3D matte gel by Prima (I used to glue)
Once the show went off air and all was dry, I put a layer of THIN white gesso all over the entire piece. I was sure to cover everything but did not obliterate the background. The layer was thin and in places I used water to to thin out the gesso even more so the background elements still showed through.
PART TWO – intended supply list:
(I will adjust this list when the show is complete to what was exactly used)
- Dina Wakely heavy body paint in various BRIGHT colors
- Pebeo Dyna paints – this line is iridescent and two toned
Air Brush mediumwoops, forgot!
- spray bottle, with water
- Spray bottle, with alcohol
- Stabilo All marking pencil
Heavy Body WHITE acrylic paintwell, didn’t have any so I used Dina Wakely White Gesso Glass beads, chunky glitter,Anything I Want! I opted for the mica powders from Finnabair and soft gloss gel
I encourage you to play along, take pictures and please post in the Kraafters Kommunity what you have done. We love to share and encourage!
Thanks for joining us live or recorded, leaving comments and playing along.
UPDATE!: See the completed piece here:
Become a Hitchhiker or a Traveler Experience the Art Adventure with the Kraaft Shaak Do you have thoughts about this or any of our articles? Be a part of the conversation
Become a Hitchhiker or a Traveler
Experience the Art Adventure with the Kraaft Shaak
Do you have thoughts about this or any of our articles?
Be a part of the conversation