editor’s note – This was written the day of the Art Koncert, and was never published due to many factors. The story is still very relevant and I hope you will enjoy it as it was written for you.
I can not begin to express how exhilarating and exhausting today was! I might try though. I have spent the last several weeks, eight of them, preparing for today. Together, with my wonderful husband, Mr. Kraafter, and the truly awesome Tdawgg we printed, packaged, and packed just about everything you can think of needed for the first every Art Koncert in Arizona. In truth, there were plenty of things we probably didn’t need to bring but I am glad we did. There was A LOT of art to look at, cool signage and a great stage setup! Be sure to scroll through those photos to see all the goodies we have to share.
Overall, this day was a great experience and we have a lot more learnin’ under our belts for the next one of these – oh yes…there will be more!!!
For now, I want to tell you about the art piece. The supply list and video replay are below the images. I want to tell you that this piece came about by a little bit of practice. I wanted to be sure I would be able to get the piece done in our hour limit, and I also wanted to be sure I didn’t let nerves keep me from making an unruly mess. So, I practiced with the same techniques and colors. I was so ready to paint this iris…I used an image from my own art stash – here is the image of the IRIS drawing if you would like it. Just right click on the image and save to device.
Once I had that gorgeous mixed media background complete, the flower just painted itself! After the event was over, we drew a ticket from the “magic bowl” and one of the lucky attendees was able to take the piece home…you will never guess who’s ticket was called… MY GRAM! I have never been more thrilled in my life than when Gram smiled about winning it. It also gave me the opportunity to add some gold (which I just can not believe I forgot!) and seal it too. So in the pictures below, if you scroll all the way through, you will see her holding the finished piece. I hope you enjoy watching the replay and consider joining us for one of these Art Koncerts in the future.
- 9″ x 12″ canvas panel
- various papers from books, sheet music and so on
- various items from my stash, metal objects and paper cutouts
- DecoArt Media Line matte medium
- DecoArt Media Line modeling paste
- DecoArt Media Line crackle paste
- DecoArt Media Line white gesso
- Pebeo Studio Acrylics DYNA blue green irridescent
- DecoArt Americana white
- DecoArt Americana bahama blue
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics amethyst
- DecoArt Media Line fluid acrylic quinacridone violet
- DecoArt Media Line fluid acrylic quinacridone magenta
- DecoArt Media Line fluid acrylic carbon black
- DecoArt Media Line fluid acrylic green gold
- Golden Fluid Acrylics hansa yellow light
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre gold rush
Here is the video if you missed it:
Become a Hitchhiker or a Traveler
Experience the Art Adventure with the Kraaft Shaak
Do you have thoughts about this or any of our articles?
Be a part of the conversation